SKILLS ARE DIFFERENT THAN DRILLS!
A skill is the learned ability to perform an action with determined results with good execution often within a given amount of time, energy, or both.
A drill is a conditioning exercise or exercises in the process of training to become physically fit. Drills can be geared towards specific skills.
Working on Drills, by nature, includes variety in exercises, speed, reps, & work to rest ratio, where working on skills is often repetitive in nature. There is often a protocol for skill-training especially with regards to athletic endeavors, and although having good physical fitness is beneficial, working on a skill or particular skill set, will not have noteworthy positive effects on physical fitness, as it’s solitary goal is in the pursuit of perfection of a particular movement or series of movements. Think the perfect golf swing or tennis serve or baseball pitch. This particular movements by themselves do not create overall fitness, but the acquisition of a particular skill can be both fulfilling and lucrative!
In these classes we will discuss the distinction between particular skill training & drill training, and spend the remaining time following 1 or more of 3 specific skill training protocols, which will include:
- LEVEL 1: HOLDING WEIGHT IN YOIR HANDS COMFORTABLY & LEARNING TO APPLY SIMPLE MOVEMENTS AND BASIC STRENGTH
- LEVEL 2: PRESS UP HANDSTANDS: SINGLE LEG, TUCK, CROW, STRADDLE PRESS, PIKE PRESS
- LEVEL 3: BEYOND THE PIKE PRESS, PRESSES FROM SEATED, TO AND FROM ARM BALANCES, VARIATIONS, & COMBINATIONS
These 30 min classes are appropriate for people of all levels. However, it is strongly recommended that participants have taken the Handstand Course and at least 1 Month of Foundations Drills.
PLEASE NOTE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME CHANGE IN THE USA BEGINNING MARCH 10 AND COMPARE YOUR CURRENT TIME ZONE TO USA EAST COAST NEW YORK
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
(Please note that due to time zone differences SOME of the following locations COULD have class on the following days).
- EAST COAST USA/ NEW YORK – 10am/8pm
- LONDON/ UK/ IRELAND GMT — 3pm/12am midnight (the following mornings)
- SINGAPORE/ CENTRAL ASIA — 11pm/9am (the following Tues/Thurs/Saturday mornings)